~♥~ About Me: DawnTreader ~♥~ Location: Sweden. ~♥~ My main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands ~♥~

~♥~Looking for more info of the kind you usually find in the sidebar? Go to the bottom of the page! ~♥~



Follow Me!

Follow Me!
Click on the image

Sunday 27 June 2010

Yellow Iris

DSCN7145-1

DSCN7157-1

Below the museum park where the midsummer celebrations took place (see yesterday’s post), there is a little lake. I walked by it on my way home and found masses of these large yellow flowers in bloom along the shores. They looked like irises to me and I think I’ve now established that they are indeed Yellow Iris or Yellow Flag. The latin name is Iris pseudacorus. In Swedish we call it svärdslilja which means ‘sword’s lily’.

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

How lovely. But I especially like your first picture. You made it look like the iris are growing out of the water. A very clever and beautiful illusion.

DawnTreader said...

Ginny - it's not an illusion, it is a wetland plant and it actually does grow IN the lake rather than beside it.

MadSnapper said...

simply stunning in that first photo. water and flowers and reflections of light. wonderful. I am with you on ginny's site about the horn. EEK what a sound. hurt my ears just to see what it sounded like. hubby is master of our control UNLESS it is something like this and then he would have to mute it. he watches most sports but now i am happy he cares nothing about soccer. yipeee
of course the sound of dragsters or nascar cars zooming is pretty disgusting to.

Followers

Awards given to DawnTreader's Picture Book



Over-the-Top Award from NPT @ The Nature..., 3 November 2009.
More info at The Island of the Voices.




'Blog of the Week' from Brett @ 365 to 42, 9 November 2009.


From Scriptor Senex @ Rambles From My Chair, 22 November 2009

About Me - DawnTreader

My photo
Västergötland, Sweden
PLEASE NOTE that this blog is no longer being updated, and comments are therefore closed.

Click on the picture to jump over to my "Island of the Voices" blog!

DawnTreader's Picture Book

For this blog, I have chosen a template that allows me to show pictures as big as possible . Some of the things you usually find in the sidebar, you will find here at the bottom of the page instead - Blog Archive, Followers etc.







My camera is a Nikon Coolpix 4600.
For basic editing of most photos and collages I use Picasa 3.
Sometimes I also experiment with some more "artistic" effects in Photoshop Elements or Paint Shop Pro.


YOU WILL ALSO FIND ME HERE:

The Island of the Voices ~♥~ Wordly Efforts ~♥~ Through My Spectrespecs ~♥~ Soaring Through The World

Powered by Blogger.