~♥~ About Me: DawnTreader ~♥~ Location: Sweden. ~♥~ My main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands ~♥~

~♥~Looking for more info of the kind you usually find in the sidebar? Go to the bottom of the page! ~♥~



Follow Me!

Follow Me!
Click on the image

Sunday 16 May 2010

Common Daisy – Bellis perennis - Tusensköna

 

DSCN5915

“The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not rob the little violet of it’s scent nor the daisy of its simple charm. If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness.” ~ Therese of Lisieux ~

DSCN5916

Daisies and Dandelions

The Swedish name for the daisy - Tusensköna – means “thousandfold beauty”.

From my childhood, I remember these especially from one place I used to visit with my grandparents. They had these three old friends, two sisters and a brother, who lived together in a little red wooden cottage far out in the countryside. These little white flowers covered the whole lawn in front of that house, and therefore the name always seemed very appropriate to me.  

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The daisies look so pretty mixed in with the dandelions, like the two were meant to be together. And I'm glad you showed a picture with some buds in it. I haven't seen any daisies around here yet this spring, but plenty of black eyed susans!

DawnTreader said...

Living in town and with no garden of my own, I can just enjoy it when little islands of these turn up in the lawns between the apartment buildings... ;) While people with lawns of their own have to make Decisions.

Black-eyed susans do not grow wild in Sweden but are not uncommon in gardens and parks. But those are later here, I think. I remember them from last summer in a park nearby where I took some butterfly photos.

MadSnapper said...

thousandfold beauty is a very good name, because where they grow there are usually hundreds and thousands of them. Daisy's are my favorite cut flower and I would rather have them than roses. I like to sit them on my kitchen table and they smile at me. have you noticed they are like little smiley faces? the photos are beautiful and tell the story all by themselves. I like that quote about all flowers being roses. it is true in people to, that is why we are all so different. I love your blogs, keep bloggin

Followers

Awards given to DawnTreader's Picture Book



Over-the-Top Award from NPT @ The Nature..., 3 November 2009.
More info at The Island of the Voices.




'Blog of the Week' from Brett @ 365 to 42, 9 November 2009.


From Scriptor Senex @ Rambles From My Chair, 22 November 2009

About Me - DawnTreader

My photo
Västergötland, Sweden
PLEASE NOTE that this blog is no longer being updated, and comments are therefore closed.

Click on the picture to jump over to my "Island of the Voices" blog!

DawnTreader's Picture Book

For this blog, I have chosen a template that allows me to show pictures as big as possible . Some of the things you usually find in the sidebar, you will find here at the bottom of the page instead - Blog Archive, Followers etc.







My camera is a Nikon Coolpix 4600.
For basic editing of most photos and collages I use Picasa 3.
Sometimes I also experiment with some more "artistic" effects in Photoshop Elements or Paint Shop Pro.


YOU WILL ALSO FIND ME HERE:

The Island of the Voices ~♥~ Wordly Efforts ~♥~ Through My Spectrespecs ~♥~ Soaring Through The World

Powered by Blogger.